Online Class Info
How Zoom classes work
My online classes will be conducted using an application called Zoom. Zoom is a free online conference service which will allow you to safely take my beading class while in the comfort of your own home. The ZOOM application is FREE!!! and you don’t need a Zoom account to take a class. So, download the app to your iPad, tablet, computer or smart phone which has audio and camera capability. The beauty of zoom classes is that they are fully interactive so you will be able to work directly with me.
During the class, I will have a camera facing me and a separate camera to show the detailed beadwork. I will switch back and forth between these cameras during the class. I will be demonstrating all the beadwork so you can see exactly how I stitch everything together. Depending on your device, I may be able to review your work if you simply hold it up to your computer's webcam or I may ask you to take a photo of your work and e-mail it to me.
I am ready to take a class! How do I register?
- Click on the UPCOMING CLASSES tab at the top of the page.
- Once you have decided which class you want to take, you will need to register for the class. There is information listed under each class. Some classes are offered by a partnering beading organization and some classes are being offered directly from me. To register for a class, follow the instructions in red under the class that you want to take.
- If it is a class being hosted by a beading organization, there is contact information listed. You will need to contact the organization directly for registration and pricing. The sponsoring organization will follow-up with you to complete your registration and send you the kit(s) and instructions.
- If a class will be offered by me, click on the link under the class. The class cost includes: the class fee, kit (materials) and instructions which can be paid via PayPal.
- After you complete your purchase, I will send you an email which will have the colors of the kit I am offering for your project kit. You will have one week to choose your kit color and email your kit color choice back to me. A kit purchase is required to participate in my classes.
- By returning your kit color choice, you will validate your registration.
- Once your seat has been validated, I will mail the kit to you with a printed copy of the instructions. You will also receive an emailed invitation with a link to your Zoom class.
- If 3 weeks before the class there is not a minimum number registered for the class you booked, I reserve the right to cancel it and refund full fees.
- If I have to cancel the class for any reason and the kit and instructions have been sent, I will refund the cost of the class minus the kit and instructions. If I have not sent the kit out yet, you will receive a full refund.
- Once the kit has been sent, changing to a different project is not possible.
- If you are unable to attend your class and seats are available for the same project on another date, a transfer may be possible if I am able to fill the space from the waiting list. Transferring to a different date can only be done one time.
- If a class and date you are interested in is full, please contact me. I can put you on the waiting list or let you know if any more dates become available. If there is sufficient demand for a class, I may add new dates - so do let me know if you are interested.
- For the privacy of all students, I don't allow recordings of my Zoom classes.